POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Data recovery : Re: Attempting recovery Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Attempting recovery
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Sep 2008 15:31:37
Message: <48c97219$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:

> Dear Pfizer,
>
> Recently one of our staff had her damaged hard drive looked over
> informally by your IT department who were unable to recover any
> information from it. I have just pulled a wedge of files from it. Are
> you hiring?

Heheheh. Nice idea...

...unfortunately, there is a clause in my contract of employment that
specifically prohibits exactly this. o_O

I do wonder though - how hard did they actually try? I'm guessing not
very hard. If I could find Test Disk in a few minutes with Google and
get data back despite the minimalistic user manual, the full mite of a
global corporation like Pfizer should surely make very short work of it.
If they actually cared.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/